Huntsville Virtual Academy
Huntsville City Schools is pleased to offer a virtual learning experience for students in kindergarten through twelfth grade who are zoned for Huntsville City Schools and have completed enrollment. Students may choose to continue in the traditional learning environment or enroll in a virtual learning program with Huntsville Virtual Academy, HVA.
The virtual curriculum features courses in mathematics, science, language arts, world languages, social studies, as well as electives. In collaboration with the school counselor, virtual school students will have the opportunity to select a virtual pathway to meet his/her learning goals. Students desiring a virtual, non-traditional learning environment are encouraged to apply.
Xổ số thành phố trực tiếpThe enrollment window for second semester of the 2020-2021 school year was open from Monday, October 26, 2020 until Friday, November 20, 2020.
All families who wish for their student to be in HVA the second semester must complete the Spring 2021 registration. This includes currently enrolled HVA students.
Xổ số thành phố trực tiếpHVA is open to all students currently enrolled in HCS.
- Students will be required to maintain course grade averages of 70% or higher to remain in Huntsville Virtual Academy.
- Students with course averages below 70% will be contacted by school administration to schedule an in person academic support time to address non-mastery of standards.
- Students who have not shown course mastery in the Huntsville Virtual Academy will be contacted by the school principal to discuss student support plans for the second semester.
Virtual Attendance Procedures:
- Attendance is a combination of measures that indicates if a student is demonstrating adequate participation (and therefore attendance).
- This not only includes the actual attendance hours in Huntsville City Schools' learning platform, but also lesson and assignment completion and communication with teachers/ school administration.
- In order to be in full attendance with Huntsville City Schools, a student must:
- Complete and submit course assignments in accordance with due dates to make adequate progress toward course completion.
- Communicate with Huntsville City School staff as needed via learning management platform, telephone conversations, and email correspondence.
- Adhere to the Huntsville City Schools calendar for attendance days; however, students may choose to work on non-instructional days as long as they are on pace and displaying content mastery in all courses.
With HVA, students will experience learning which occurs remotely with a Huntsville City Schools teacher, academic supports, and access to learning anywhere at anytime. Since Huntsville Virtual Academy is a district-wide program, teacher assignments are subject to change from current teacher assignments. Students may be assigned a teacher from a school that is not their zoned school.
- Huntsville Virtual Academy students will remain enrolled in their home school and will be able to participate in clubs and organizations at their zoned school.
- They can also participate in athletics at their zoned school (subject to Alabama High School Athletic Association eligibility.)
- Students who graduate from high school while a HVA student will receive a diploma from Huntsville City Schools and are eligible for honors graduate designations.